Monday, May 7, 2018

King of the Hill

Being a life-long car guy had to start somewhere. I can trace my inspirations back to many small moments, back from a pretty young age. Small things that planted the seeds, and the many joys I discovered as a kid growing up on a farm. I was always around, and learned how to operate, many kinds of motorized vehicles.
As a young teenager, with two types of driving permits at age 14, I soon discovered the fun of driving on the roads and highways, away from the farm. With a school permit, and a work permit for farm business, I had many excuses to drive into town, about 7 miles away. At school, I soon learned that the girls noticed the boys who drove to school. And, I also noticed that the type of car you drove made an even stronger impression.
My teenage years were also the same time that that muscle cars, and pony cars, were being introduced to the American public. They made a big impression on me, along with the rest of the world. I was hooked. A "life-long car guy" was born.
I have wrote before in this blog about those cars that had a big influence on me at that time in my life. My Mom getting a 66 Mustang when I was 16 years old was one. I even got to drive it once in awhile. And, when I was 17, I saw my first 67 Shelby GT 500, the car that has become my all-time favorite Mustang. But, when it comes to the car that has made the biggest lasting impression on me, over the last 50+ years, that would have to be the awesome 427 Cobra roadster that Carroll Shelby introduced to the world in those days. In my eyes, it is still the "King of the Hill" of cars.
If you want more of my automotive story, check out my book, just follow this link: Grab Some Gears
"King of the Hill"  The always awesome Shelby 427 Cobra. (internet photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment