Friday, May 17, 2019

Stress Relief

In this modern life, all the day-to-day problems, unexpected changes, and world-wide craziness we see on the news every time we turn it on, is it any surprise that we have a lot of stress in our lives? I'm one of those people that stresses about anything going wrong, so I always have to deal with plenty of stress in my life. And, yes, it sometimes keeps me up at night.
I do a lot of things to try to keep it all under control. I get plenty of exercise, walk a couple of miles almost every day, do indoor exercises almost every day, and try to eat the right stuff, most of the time. Since my heart surgery last summer, I consider staying healthy my number one job. I want to be around for many more years to take care of my wife and family the best I can.
A lot of things go into reducing the stress in our lives. I have wrote in past blog posts that I love spending time doing things with my cars. Keeping them clean and detailed, keeping my garage nice, and as always, going for a cruise in my favorite performance car. All these things help reduce the stress in my life.
Things would run a lot smoother if we remember these stress reducing activities at those times when the stressful situations pop up and take over our lives. I think I'm mostly talking to myself on this point, but I needed to hear it.
Car people new to this blog may want to check out my book. Just follow this link to see it on amazon and read sample pages: Grab Some Gears
My favorite mode of stress release - my 2015 Mustang GT.

No comments:

Post a Comment